17 July 2008

Keep Track of the Newest Beta Software/Sites


Have you ever wondered how people catch on to trends and new ideas online a long time before they happen? I honestly have no idea but BetaNews and MoMB certainly do a great job of helping out.

I've had friends that caught on to Wikipedia ages before it really became something. And Google? I'm not sure about that but I'm sure I knew someone, who knew someone that caught on. Either way, I've always wanted to keep a close neck on new betas and other stuff going on around the web and these two websites have become my new way of doing so.

BetaNews is a great site for software and some new technology stuff. It tells you the newest beta software, gives you links, and even tells you what the software is meant to do. It is set up so you can focus on the beta software if you want, or you can simply be up-to-date on the latest software news. I guess that's how the also came up with their title (I is smurt!). So if you really wanna get your hands (and maybe get them dirty) in the newest software for free, this site will lead you in the right direction!

Another fabulous find is MoMB (The Museum of Modern Betas). I've got to say, this is a pretty great site. Sure it's in blog format (but who doesn't loves blogs, right?!), but this has got the coolest new social networking, file sharing, and miscellaneous new websites. This is probably your best bet on finding amazing sites before they get popularized. It looks like it might have predicted things like Twitter, Flickr, Del.icio.us, and bunches of other stuff.

So, for software, better bookmark BetaNews! And for wonderfully new websites, hold on to MoMB!

No comments: